Clubs or Districts with their own domain names (whether registered through us or directly with a domain registrar) can not only achieve better branding and higher search engine ranks using their own URL, which will replace any reference to ClubRunner in their URL. Whereas previously, we recommended doing a simple redirect to have your domain point to your ClubRunner homepage, you can now employ proper domain hosting techniques for better branding and visibility online.
This shift in architecture also allowed us to introduce permalinks as a feature. With the introduction of permalinks for all for your web pages (such as a story detail page, site page, etc), you can now have meaningful URLs such as :
Please follow these steps on your domain registration site to configure your domain. Because this is essentially a brand new site, you will need to allow search engines such as Google a few weeks to pick up your new URL. You must edit both the CNAME Record and the A Record.
Note: The following are steps you would use if using GoDaddy. If you are using another domain registrar, we recommend contacting them for similar instructions. If ClubRunner is your domain registrar and would like to take advantage of this feature, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure when you finalize any changes on your end you remember to contact email@example.com to finalize and make these changes live
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. Click on the domain name you wish to edit.
3. Click on the DNS Zone File tab.
4. Scroll down to the Zone File Area.
5. Edit the @ record and click on the Edit Record button.
6. Under Points To, enter the following IP Address: 188.8.131.52
7. Click Finish.
8. Next you must edit the CNAME record.
9. Go to the CNAME (Alias) area.
10. Locate the WWW record and click on the Edit Record button.
11. Under Points To enter the following address: clubrunnerportal.cloudapp.net
12. Click Finish.
13. Click Save Changes to finalize the changes for your domain.
14. DO NOT SKIP - Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your domain name and we will complete the process.
Note: Any of the changes made to the DNS Manager will require at least 60 minutes (and in some cases as long as 48 hours) to take effect.